The VidZone application for Europe has been patched with several bug fixes and improvements. The application came out in mid-June this year for a selected number of countries in Europe, and this is the first major update to the application. The patch adds fill 16:9 widescreen playback, PlayStation Network presence and improved search functionality. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Pre-roll advertising will be shown no more than once every 15 minutes – No more adverts after every video, guaranteed!
- 16:9 support, true full screen display – This means that if the video is shot in widescreen, it will display in its full widescreen glory on your TV.
- Virtual Keyboard is now supported in Search – Use your external or the standard PlayStation virtual keyboard to type instead of scrolling through each letter.
- Search is faster and improved – Faster searching and you are now able to search for special characters (ie you can now search for P!nk etc)
- Start up time is reduced – No more waiting about to get partying!
- Audio volume on music videos can now be normalised – Each video will play at the same volume meaning no more volume control surfing
- PlayStation Network presence now shows the music video being watched in VidZone on the XMB™ friends list – Your friends will now know what you are watching so no more secret Celine Dion video viewing sessions!
- Support for PlayStation Store purchases in Download menu – Videos will link to equivelant RockBand track in the PlayStation Store with more game/product links coming soon.
- Default settings are now saved – If you have turned the clicker off, it will remember it for the next time you open VidZone.
- Cache has been increased – VidZone will store more of your last viewed videos on the PlayStation’s hard drive so you don’t have to stream so much data.
- Help screens are available in Settings menu – Having issues? Try the new help screens to answer your questions
- Settings menu has been reordered – More logical ordering of the setting menu.