If you own this game, there is a good chance that you have thrown your controller and shouted at the TV at least once, especially on veteran. The only general game tips are:
- Team mates only advance when you do.
- Find the “invisible checkpoint” lines.
- Play aggressive and safe, find out the best mix. Sometimes it is better just to run through.
- If a team mate stands on you throw a grenade and run.
- Watch out for spawning soldiers. If you pass any buildings/bunkers/huts go in there even if there is nothing in there.
Get all the trophies
Hardened War Hero – Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
War Hero – Complete the game on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Carlson’s Raiders – Complete ‘Semper Fi’ on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Stormed Peleliu – Establish a beachhead at Peleliu Island on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Stabbed in the Heart – Complete all missions on the Eastern Front on any difficulty. (Solo only)
The Professional – Shoot all of Amsel’s henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading. (Solo only)
Tip: Start “Vendetta” and make sure you shoot:
- Right: The two guys on the steps of the building with one shot
- Middle: Then shoot the two guys by the car smoking with one shot
- Left: These two guys are tricky. One soldier is crouched, and the other is wandering. Wait until they are lined up and shoot with one shot (so shoot through the wandering soldiers thigh – it will get the crouching guys head)
- Shoot the attack dog next.
- Last the soldier that comes with the dog.
- DO NOT RELOAD
Gunslinger – Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot. (Solo only)
Tip: There are two pistols to be found in this level:
- The only pistol with a good firing range, is the pistol you can find on a desk in the area where you meet the sniper.
- For me, there was a glitch whereby the pistol had infinite ammo – test this theory out after you get to the checkpoint where you shoot Amsel.
- One way to line up a shot is to use your sniper rifle then switch to pistol.
- One method of killing him is to shoot his knee when he is crouched behind a car
- Second method, snipe his driver and shoot him when he runs away.
Grave Robber – Collect all the Death Cards in the game. (Solo only)
*Tip: Location of cards listed below. If you have forgotten which ones you have already got, then check out the competitive multiplayer menu and it will tell you which you have and don’t have.
- Semper Fi – Eight of Hearts
At the beginning go inside the first hut on the right.
- Little Resistance – Four of Clubs.
At the end of the leve on the right by some bushes before you enter the last building.
- Hard Landing – King of Hearts.
Before entering the “Big” building, follow the trench just outside of it and turn right when you go into the room with the stairs.
- Vendetta – Five of Diamonds
When Reznov takes you through the bar at the beginning of the level, follow the bar round and it is there..
- Their Land, Their Blood – Joker
In the barn after destroying the last tank, head into a cubicle with a dead cow.
- Burn ’em Out – Queen of Hearts
In a bunker before the second mortar pit.
- Relentless – Nine of Diamonds
At the end of the mission, you can choose a left path or right path, when the paths meet again the card can be found a little further on.
- Ring of Steel – Jack of Spades.
When you enter the asylum, go the left instead of right where the rest for your squad go. It is in the bottom left corner of the map on a porch.
- Eviction – Ace of Spades
There is a room with a hole in the floor, drop down into a toilet area.
- Blowtorch & Corkscrew – Ten of Clubs
After blowing up the second bunker, Roebuck will be taking position in front of a Japanese soldier near a rock face.
- Breaking Point – Three of Diamonds
After the four mortar pits, head to the small shack in the south of this area.
- Heart of the Reich – Six of Clubs
Start level, turn immediately left, cross the street. It is in a closed subway entrance.
- Downfall – Two of Spades
Found in a room to the right before entering the atrium/theatre. through a d
Throw a Six and a Half – On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying. (Solo only)
*Tip: Easiest done on “Black cats”.
Firestarter – Complete a level using only the flamethrower. Melee, grenades & explosives are OK.
Kamikaze – Complete a level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee or grenades. (Solo only)
Iron Fist – Destroy all towers and bunkers in ‘Blood and Iron’.
*Tip: There are 5 bunkers, 3 water towers and 12 watch towers. One of the hardest to find water towers in at the end of the first area in the distance where you can see your troops advance.
Sum of All Zeroes – Down 45 Japanese Zeroes in ‘Black Cats’. (Solo only)
Get Your Hands Dirty – Complete ‘Semper Fi’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Bloody Peleliu – Complete ‘Little Resistance’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
The Sword Is Broken – Complete ‘Hard Landing’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Architect – Complete ‘Vendetta’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
The Hammer Strikes – Complete ‘Their Land, Their Blood’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Scorched Earth – Complete ‘Burn ’em Out’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Fearless Complete – ‘Relentless’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Hell on Wheels – Complete ‘Blood and Iron’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
No Return – Complete ‘Ring of Steel’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
When It Rains, It Pours Complete ‘Eviction’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
One Bad Gato – Complete ‘Blackcats’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Blowtorch and Corkscrew – Complete ‘Blowtorch and Corkscrew’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
*Tip: The beginning of this level becomes a lot easier if you hide in the spider holes and advance by hoping from one to the next.
The Sun Sets – Complete ‘Breaking Point’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
For the Motherland – Complete ‘Heart of the Reich’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
Bearing the Burden – Complete ‘Downfall’ on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
The Last Stand – Survive the conflict in Okinawa on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Saved Private Ryan – Save the soldier before he burns to death.
*Tip: On Semper Fi save private Ryan when you reach the first elevated hut.
Weapon of Mass Destruction – Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers.
Lights Out! – In ‘Black Cats’, blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy. (Solo only)
Rough Economy – Kill 3 enemies with a single round
Tip: This can be done either on “Nazi Zombies” or: on “Vendetta” after killing Amsel’s Henchmen, when you see the marching Nazis, aim by the tank until they form a nice line. .
Guardian Angel – In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck
Close Shave – Survive a banzai attack. (Solo only)
Snake in the Grass – Take out a Japanese soldier lying in wait in the grass
*Tip: The easiest level to do this on is relentless. The easy to shoot banzai warrior can be found in the swamp after you take out the second AA gun.
No Safe Place – Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in ‘Hard Landing’
*Tip: He is hiding in a tree in the open area after the first bunker. Be sure to kill him before your team mates do.
Purple Heart – When staring into the face of adversity, show courage and persevere.
*Tip: Die a lot and keep persevering, should be easy to get if playing veteran.
Ruthless – Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in ‘Ring of Steel’
*Tip: Grab the first tank (so you are in front).
Mortar-dom – Kill 8 Japanese with thrown mortars in ‘Breaking Point’
Shot in the Dark – Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in ‘Eviction’
*Tip: Take the right route. I found this easier, and the enemies don’t seem to be able to shoot you if you keep your distance.
(Online co-op only)
Blue Ribbon – Complete a 4-player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place.
Get Your Left Foot Wet – Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode.
Get Your Right Foot Wet – Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode.