Every Thursday, Sony released new content to the PlayStation store. The playable demos, full games and add-on content requires you to download and then install before you can play them. The worst part of this process is the actual downloading and installing of the content – but did you know that you can auto-install the content so you don’t waste time installing it yourself?
While playing games, you can background download content (unless you play online games), the downloading of the content isn’t too bad. With large demos and content such as Qore (usually over 1GB in size), installations can take several minutes. Check out the video below to see how you can auto-install the games while you do something else (like sleep). The good thing about this feature is that the PlayStation 3 will automatically turn itself off when its done (you can also use this method to download content while you sleep).
- Download content that requires installation (demos, games, add-on content etc).
- Download the content but do not install it
- Go to [Users] and select [Turn off System]
- Check the ‘Turn off System Automatically After Background Download’ and select [Yes]
- The PS3 will then install anything waiting to be installed
- PS3 will shutdown once installation is complete