Version 1.0 of PlayStation Home is close to release according to PlayStation Home Manager "TedTheDog" over at the Official SCEE forum. According to the forum post, notes of what version 1.0 will include will be made available to existing beta testers within Home. The new version is expected within the next few days, and then comes the open beta. The release date for the open beta will be announced in advance, but until then, SCEE will be inviting loads more users to part in the closed beta.
Main points from forum post:
- The version 1.0 Patch Notes will be published in the closed beta forum so they know what to expect and to help plan testing.
- A couple of days later Version 1.0 will be released into the Closed beta. That will not happen this week.
- SCEE will be inviting a large number of extra testers into the closed beta to load test and that process will start within a day or so of v1.0 going live. We wont invite them all straight away, we’ll ramp it up over a a period of time. We will be inviting non-English speaking testers for the first time. Languages covered will be English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Please remember these are languages, not countries, so more than the immediately obvious countries will be included to a degree. The lists have been chosen already, dont try changing your language to get included!
- Once we start inviting people in to the Closed Beta the public SCEE Home forums will become the Home beta test forums.
- The date of Open Beta start will be announced in advance
- Open Beta starts and that will be just as it implies, Open to all
[Via: SCEE Forum]