- Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE) is now supported. Visit the BD-Live guide in Help & Support under PS3 > Video at eu.playstation.com for more details.
- You can now copy playlists that you create in Music and Photo to a PSP system.
- The way you register Bluetooth devices has changed. Also, you can now manage your registered devices.
- A [BD Internet Connection] setting has been added under [BD/DVD Settings].
- An [Audio Output Device] setting has been added under [Remote Play Settings].
- You can now display an image while editing a playlist.
- You can now play a music track while editing a playlist.
- You can now play DivX and WMV format files that are 2GB or larger.
- You can now display subtitles in DivX-format video files.
- You can now begin playing a DVD from the point where you previously stopped it (Resume Play).
- A [Mosquito Noise Reduction] option has been added under [AV Settings] in the control panel for standard DVDs.
- You can now play BD-R version 1.2 (LTH BD-R) discs.
- LTH, or low to high, is a recording method that supports organic dye write-once BD-R media.
- You can now change some PS3 system settings during remote play.
- [Save Target] has been added as an option under [File] in the browse mode menu of the Internet browser. This option lets you save a file that is linked from a Web page, such as an image or video file, or other type of file, to your PS3 system’s hard drive or storage media.
- The Internet browser now displays Web pages more quickly.
- Using the Internet browser, you can now play a linked video file as it is being downloaded.
- Some types of video files cannot be viewed in this manner and must be downloaded completely before playback.