- System stability during use of some PLAYSTATION 3 format software has been improved.
- System stability has been improved for some operations, including the use of the Internet browser and the Information Board.
- System stability during output of upscaled PlayStation®2 format software images has been improved.
- Applies only to models that support playback of PlayStation 2 format software.
- Functionality of the [Remote Start] feature has been changed to prevent an unintentional remote start.
- If [Remote Start via the Internet] is enabled, the PS3 system may turn on unintentionally, depending on the type of router in use. (In this case a remote play connection cannot be established.) To avoid unintentional power-up of the system, [Remote Start via the Internet] may be disabled automatically if a remote play connection is not established within a certain amount of time after the system is turned on.