The earlier rumor has now been confirmed. PlayStation 3 Firmware 1.92 is now available to download using the PS3 System Update option. The firmware update is a minor one and simply increases PlayStation 2 backwards compatibility, as well as fixing a few issues with Warhawk and compatibility with other items available via the PlayStation Network Store.
An official changelog has not been posted on the European or US PlayStation web site so far, but below you will find a translation of the Japanese changelog:
- Performance for the additional item which is transmitted with PLAYSTATION Store was strengthened.
- PlayStation of the part in PS3 and operational status of the PlayStation 2 standard software were renewed.
We will update this article with a English changelog when it is available.
UPDATE (September 4th 2007 at 15:00):
The European changelog for Firmware 1.92 is now available, and differs from the Japanese changelog above. We are still awaiting the US changelog to see if anything else has been updated.
- Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PLAYSTATION 3 format titles*.
- * This does not affect titles in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania.
Other changes have also been reported, but are not present in the changelog.
- Ability to add Flash wallpapers
- Seemingly faster XMB load times
- Improvements on Internet Browser application – the browser can load websites quicker
- Auto power off for the controllers – controllers are powered down when left idle
- Synchronized game clips in the games folder load up
- Faster transition from game to XMB – exiting games is now quicker
- Updated PSOne/PS2 controller compatibility