- You can now use PLAYSTATION Network services.
- You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
- [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
- [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
- [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
- You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.
- An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
- You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
- You can now download the following types of content under [PLAYSTATION Store].
- PLAYSTATION 3 format software
- PLAYSTATION Network titles** The term “PLAYSTATION Network titles” refers to PlayStation format games (PS one) downloaded from PLAYSTATION Store and PSP format games distributed electronical
- Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
- [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
- The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
- Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
- Playability status with the PS3 system has changed for some PlayStation and PlayStation 2 format titles
[…] Store is updated in Europe is changing. Since the PlayStation Store was first introduced in 2006 in Firmware version 1.10, store updates have always been on a Thursday (except during holiday periods). From May 5th, the […]
wow it was a helluva lot of flaws when the system first came out huh