- The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.
- You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.
- DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played.
- To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
- Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played.
- Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
- Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported.
- You may now be able to use the “Picture in Picture” feature that enables playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. Available features will vary depending on the disc.
- [BD Data Utility] has been added.
- The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved