At Sony’s E3 Press Conference last night, a new way to enjoy games on the PS4 was announced: PlayLink. PlayLink combines your smartphone or tablet device, TV and PS4 console, with a collection of brand new games that take advantage of the smartphone or tablet device’s touchscreen and camera capabilities.
Exclusive to PlayStation 4, PlayLink titles are designed to be played in a group setting, allowing for a truly fun and dynamic experience, without the need to own multiple DualShock 4 controllers. Using your smart phone, you can swipe, pinch, drag, tilt, rotate or even snap selfies and draw crafty doodles, depending on the game.
The collection of PlayLink games vary from gritty crime thrillers to quick-fire quizzes. Some of the initial games announced include:
- That’s You! – comedy quiz for up to six players.
- Hidden Agenda – narrative-driven adventure supporting up to six players to make tough decisions on how the story unfolds.
- Knowledge is Power – trivia game with up to five players, focusing on speed and accuracy.
- Frantics – mini-games supporting up to four players.
- SingStar Celebration – sing along with your favourite tracks with up to eight players.
In celebration of PlayLink’s launch, PlayStation Plus members will be able to access the full version of That’s You! at no additional cost from 4th July. Non PS Plus members can purchase the game from 5th July on PlayStation Store or at retail for €19.99 RRP.