Psyonix has announced that Rocket League will be getting a patch next week, which adds PS4 Pro support to the game. The patch will allow the game to run at 1080p with 60fps on a standard PS4, and in 4K at 60fps on the PS4 Pro.
All arenas for single player and two-player split screen will support 4K resolution at 60fps resolution. Three and four player split screen on the other hand will have 60fps in most arenas at those resolutions.
In addition to the new visual optimisations, the next update will also bring:
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimisations and bug fixes.