Bandai Namco’s Project CARS has been delayed to yet again, making it the third delay to date. After the last delay, the release date was set to April 2nd 2015, but today Slightly Mad Studios has pushed it back to May 2015. The claim is that the game is 99.9% complete but wants extra time to complete the remaining 0.1%.
The game was originally expected to release in November 2014, but was delayed until March 2015 to avoid clashing with other Christmas releases. It was again delayed in February 2015, pushing the release back to April 2nd 2015. This latest delay makes it the third, and hopefully final delay.
Here’s the official statement:
Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one. And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.
Its clear that the first delay to avoid clash with other Christmas releases was just a excuse to get extra development work into the game, but with two further delays its getting a bit ridiculous now.