Bungie is working on a new patch for Destiny to fix the game’s loot system. The v1.0.2 patch will be releasing in the coming week and will include changes to the Cryptarch and Engrams. The changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram, but will only affect Engrams dropped after the patch has been applied to your game.
Changelog for Destiny v1.0.2:
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…