Rockstar Games has released a plethora of new screenshots for their upcoming game. Gran Theft Auto V. In addition, new information about the game was also revealed, including character customisation options, weapons, cars and more. Earlier this week, Rockstar also released three new trailers earlier this week.
New information about the game:
- Buy houses, garages and businesses (each character has their own bank account too)
- Get a new haircut
- Buy some new clothes
- Get a tattoo
- Jump straight into multiplayer by pressing ‘down’ on the D-pad.
- Made up of nine skill categories, namely: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity. Build these up by completing missions and activities.
- Selectable (and changeable whenever) via an on-screen wheel, with four blocks. The fourth is your multiplayer character.
- Each of the three characters has a special combat move. Franklin can slow down time in a car. Trevor has a ‘frenzy’ mode where he does twice as much damage for a bit. Michael has Max Payne-esque bullet time.
- Weapons can be customised with sights, scopes, silencers and other mods.
- Combat feels like Max Payne, with a combat roll added since GTA IV.
- Pay n’ Sprays can add new wheels, window customisation and bodykits along with paint jobs.
- Cars can also be upgraded spec-wise.
- Boats will include diving gear and SCUBA tanks. There’s a full underwater ecosystem.
- You can do yoga, play golf, tennis or go for a race in-between missions.
- You can take a bus tour.
- You can use the in-game phone, dubbed the iFruit, to take photos and upload them online. The phone also has apps, including a web browser, contacts, social media and a calendar.