According to a forum post on NeoGAF, PlayStation 3 system software 4.20 will be released tonight. The new features include tweaks to the wireless stereo headset options, time-off adjustments and the ability to copy multiple items of save data. Sony hasn’t mentioned anything yet so we’re classifying this as a rumor for now.
Wireless Stereo Headset
When the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].
- Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
- 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features]:
- Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
- Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].
The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].
Save Game Selection
Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.
- You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
- Some saved data cannot be copied.
- The upper right corner of the screen displays: the number of saved data items that are selected, the total number of saved data items and the total file size of the saved data items that are selected.