You may be happy to learn that Starhawk will be hitting store shelves May 8th. In addition, the Public Beta opens today so you can see what the game has to offer before the game’s release. If you were in the Private Beta you know what to expect, plus some key things listed below. For those of you new to Starhawk and the Public Beta, check out the quick primer video below.
Who gets in and when?
As we move forward we’ll invite more and more players into the mix. Check out our official Beta Info page at StarhawkTheGame.com for our current schedule..
- Jan 17th 2012 – PlayStation Plus Subscribers and Closed Beta Tester Access
- Jan 31st 2012 – Uncharted 3 Voucher Access
- Feb 7th 2012 – GameStop or PlayStation on Facebook Access
- Feb 14th 2012 – IGN Code Giveaway Access
- Feb 21st 2012 – Open Beta Access
What is a Beta?
For all you newcomers, a Beta is a real world “in the wild” test of the core game systems and gameplay. It is NOT a demo. Most of the final game features are not included.
What’s in the Public Beta?
Everything mentioned in the video with a ton of fixes, updates, etc. At the start we’re adding the following content on top of Private Beta content…
- Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
- Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
- Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
- Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance.Playstation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
- Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.
You can expect continued updates throughout the Public Beta so stay tuned for more information.