Sony have launched two college sports applications on the PlayStation Network today to complement your sports entertainment experience. Through the XOS College Sports and SEC Digital Network applications, PS3 users now have access to a customizable college sports platform to stream current and classic content on-demand, and make the PS3 the first and only gaming console to offer these applications.
The new applications give fans multi-sport, multi-conference access to full games and historic documentaries along with the ability to play, pause and replay your favorite moments from some of the most watched games in history.
Additional features of the XOS Digital college sports apps for the PS3 include:
- Pre-game analysis from the XOS Digital Studio during the week
- Post-game highlights immediately after the game as well as a “Game of the Week” extended highlight
- Full games are available to purchase and watch the next day
- Classic games and documentaries dating back to the 1950’s
- Free daily programming including “SEC Today,” “SEC In The Paint,” “Game Day Central,” and weekly coaches teleconferences
PlayStation Network users will be able to download the applications from the “Media & Apps” category in thePlayStation Store later today and launch it from the TV/Video Services icon of the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).