Red Faction: Battlegrounds will be available on PlayStation Network for just $9.99. The PSN title also supports 3D gameplay. Red Faction: Battlegrounds is an exclusive PSN title set within the Red Faction universe, specifically during the 50-year period between Red Faction: Guerrilla and Armageddon.
You’ll battle opponents all over the surface of Mars in different environments, including military compounds, mining towns, and bases taken over by a new enemy. And just like with previous Red Faction titles, you’ll need to demolish many of the structures standing in your way.
Here are some key features for Red Faction: Battlegrounds:
- Full online multiplayer with XP and ranking systems
- Local multiplayer for up to four players with no need for split-screen!
- Take any combination of local players online with you
- Multiple game modes including Deathmatch, Survival, and Flag Frenzy
- Exclusive 3D support for PS3
- Extra weapons such as remote charges, proximity mines, and even singularity bombs
- 16 single-player training missions to get you on your way
- 9 multiplayer arenas
- 8 vehicles that include light ATV’s, heavy tanks, and even combat walkers!
One other feature that we’ve packed in, is that by completing certain milestones in Red Faction: Battlegrounds, you’ll gain exclusive unlockable bonus content for Red Faction: Armageddon, releasing May 31st.
- Reach rank 10 and you will receive 2,000 Salvage, which can be used for upgrading weaponry and the Nano Forge.
- Reach rank 20 and you will unlock one of Red Faction: Guerrilla’s signature weapons, the EDF Enforcer, which fires heat-seeking tracer bullets at your enemies.