Heavy Rain and God of War III are just two of the PlayStation 3 exclusives that have been lauded by critics and loved by you, the PlayStation fans, in the last year. Both can now add recognition from the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) to their list of accomplishments.
Quantic Dream’s interactive drama won the awards for Technical Innovation, Original Music and Story, while Kratos’ rampage of revenge scooped the gong for Artistic Achievement at the BAFTA ceremony in London’s Mayfair.
Heavy Rain was the success story of the evening, winning more awards than any other game. God of War III was recognised for its art direction and sense of scale, and Game Director Stig Asmussen was present to collect the statuette on behalf of SCE Santa Monica Studios.
Here’s the list of Video Game Bafta winners in full:
- Best Action Game: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
- Best Family Gamers: Kinect Sports
- Technical Innovation: Heavy Rain
- Social Network Game: My Empire
- Use of Audio: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Handheld: Cut the Rope
- GAME Award: Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Original Music: Heavy Rain
- Strategy: Civilization 5
- Artistic Achievement: God of War 3
- Ones to Watch: Twang (That Game Studio)
- Gameplay: Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Sport: F1 2010
- Multiplayer: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Story: Heavy Rain
- Best Game: Mass Effect
- BAFTA Fellowship: Peter Molyneux