It’s been just over four and a half months since MAG released worldwide and 930,000 battles, 1.7 million players, and 1.1 billion kills later, the time to expand is now. Zipper Interactive has announced that the Interdiction expansion pack is coming to the PlayStation Store on 22 June 2010 for €7.99.
The DLC includes a brand new game mode called Interdiction. Built for up to 128 simultaneous players, Interdiction challenges two rival factions to attack and seize control of three command posts with the aid of several heavily-armed convoys on three brand new maps: Lake Bayano Spur, Sovot Motorway, and Iron Creek Quarry.
The three new maps are completely faction neutral, allowing all sides to play any map whenever they want. In addition, every squad is given their own APC vehicle (that’s 16 APCs on the map at once!). To win, players must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while concurrently depleting their enemy’s. In short, Interdiction mode equals crazy battlefield mayhem.
As an extra bonus, you can also find extra protection: the Heavy Improved armour set; and handful of brand new in-game medals, ribbons and trophies! Check them out below:
- Jump Start – Capture two Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
- Mowing the Grass – Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
- Dashed Hopes – Destroy two mines with gunfire in one round
- Cannonball Rally – Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
- Roadside Assistance – Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
- Landscape Architect – Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
- BOD – Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
- Designated Driver – Earn five Interdiction MVPs over your career
- King of the Hills (Bronze) – Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
- Red Ball Express (Silver) – Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
- Road Runner (Gold) – Capture three Interdiction control points in a single round
So that’s the Interdiction Pack. Again, you can pick it up for €7.99 from 22 June, but don’t think that we’re stopping there – we still have a lot planned for MAG in the coming months.