Developers of MAG, Zipper Interactive, have revealed the statistics to the latest MAG Beta which took place earlier this month. Just like the statistics for the previous betas, the Beta 5 stats were astonishing, with over 1 million downloads of the beta client and over 619,000 gaining at least one experience point in the six-day window that beta was available on.
- Before the end of the beta on January 10, there were well over a million downloads (860,000 in North America alone) of the MAG beta client worldwide.
- Of the 619,000+ people who gained at least one point of experience, 52,846 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 10,249 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 3,181 warriors made it all the way to OIC, and a mere 143 diehard soldiers made it to the level 60 experience cap.
- The breakdown of PMC preference ended up like this: Valor – 38.7%, Raven – 37.2%, SVER – 24.1%
- Who won the Beta 5.0 Shadow War? Despite their smaller numbers, SVER took the Sabotage war – barely edging out Raven. Meanwhile, Valor took the Domination title; narrowly escaping a loss to Raven’s flock.
- More than 225 years worth of battles were played out over the week — with an average of 3.2 hours played per person.
Now that the final beta is over, the next thing to look forward to is the full game itself, which hits shops from January 26th 2010 for North America and January 29th 2010 for Europe.