- The XMB screen has been redesigned.
- You can now access the latest content available from PlayStation Store directly under Game and Video.
- When using storage media that contains folders, the number of folder levels that can be displayed under Photo, Music and Video has been increased.
- You can now copy text using the on-screen keyboard. You can use this feature to copy text on a screen from which the on-screen keyboard is displayed, such as the screen for creating a message under Friends.
- [Audio Multi-Output] has been added as an option under [Sound Settings].
- [HDD Content Audio Language] and [HDD Content Subtitle Language] have been added as options under [Video Settings].
- You can now use the right stick of the wireless controller to perform fast forward or fast reverse operations during video content playback.
- [Information Board] has been replaced by [What’s New] and contains a new design and new features.
- [Print This Screen] has been added as an option in the browse mode menu of the Internet browser.
- [Save Screenshot] has been added as an option in the browse mode menu of the Internet browser.
- A list of messages that you have exchanged with a Friend can be now accessed from the Friend’s profile screen.