MotorStorm: Pacific Rift has received its first update patch bringing a bunch of new features and changes to the game. One of the most significant improvements is the ability to backup and restore your save data so you can keep it safe. Other improvements include better quality photos for screenshots taken in Photo Mode and the online leaderboard are now easier to understand. We’ve included the complete list of changes below.
- You can now back up your save data for later restoration to the User Account it was created under (on any PS3 system, so you shouldn?t ever need to lose your personal progress).
- A ?MotorStorm Helmet? icon is now displayed on-screen during critical data saves. This is in addition to the HDD Access Indicator, which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
- We?ve fixed an exploit that was recently found where pausing and unpausing during critical boosting would grant you an extra second or so of boost. Repeated over and over people have been able to shave seconds off the top leaderboard times. Seems like a lot of work for someone just to cheat at a leaderboard time, but it?s all fixed now. Anyone who has used this exploit please be warned – we?ll be clearing down your times off the leaderboards shortly.
- We?ve made the online rankings easier to understand, and made the whole Online experience even smoother and easier.
- You can be confident that Photos taken in Photo Mode will now look their best, because we?ve tuned the graphics up a notch in this mode.
In addition to the changes listed above, other changes are also included in the same. You will be prompted to update your copy the next time you boot up the game. Update 2 is now in development and will most likely contain new Trophies to unlock, according to the PlayStation.Blog post,
"Game Update 2 is also on the way soon, which has some very cool new content in it, especially if you have a bit of a penchant for collecting cool stuff, or if you?re the type of person who enjoys PS3 Trophies and the like. I?ll say no more for now, and leave that one hanging there…"