Remote Start can only be used with PS3 firmware 2.00 or higher, and PSP firmware 3.72 or higher. Remote Start will only work if the following steps have been performed:
- Update the PSP system software to version 3.72 or later.
- Complete the network settings on the PS3 system so that it can connect to the Internet.
- Set to log in automatically under [Users] on the PS3 system.
- Create a PLAYSTATION Network account.
- Set to sign in automatically to PLAYSTATION Network.
You can activate Remote Start by going to [Settings] > [Remote Play Settings] > [Remote Start]. Remote Start will keep your network connection alive, even when the system is in standby mode. Having Remote Start activated consumes more power than normal stand-by mode.