- You now have an option to set the PS3 system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has been completed. This option is available when you are turning off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
- [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed as [Video Settings].
- Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] and [Upscale] options have been renamed as [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and [BD/DVD Upscaler], respectively.
- [Sequential Playback] and [50 Hz Video Output] have been added as options under [Video Settings].
- [DivX VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3 system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit divx.com/vod/
- [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under Settings. To save power, the PS3 system and Wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth devices has been changed.
- Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
- In the keyboard layout for [German Keyboard], the “Y” and “Z” keys have been switched and the “Q” and “A” keys have been switched.
- Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
- [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.
- You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
- [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
- You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
- During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as “chroma upsampling” is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.
- [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
- By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION 3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings]. This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION 3 format software.
- Support for Adobe Flash Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser]. “Adobe” and “Flash” are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation Network have been changed.
- In PlayStation Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.