Here is another update for Tekken fans: Tekken 6 will reportedly have the biggest character lineup in any Tekken game to date. It will also feature the debut of two more never-before seen characters. Currently, the game’s about 50 per cent complete, so more updates should surface in the near future. According to SDTekken, Tekken 6 will have a new feature called the “Rage System”. This new feature will give players a boost to their attack damage depending on how low their life bar is. The lower the life bar, the stronger the attack.
Here are more details about the game from SDTekken:
- Live Monitor panel now has touch screen functionality. You can view either the live match or view other matches recorded throughout Japan.
- In T5DR, to be broadcasted on TEKKEN-NET live monitors you had to be Fujin ranked or above. For Tekken 6 it allows lower ranked matches to be broadcasted on the live network.
- Ranking starts at Beginner.
- Rankings will now be international.
- Tekken Teams/Clans can use an original common item.
- Teams/Clans will now be assigned a rank/level.
- You can achieve medals by completing certain tasks. Much like Virtua Fighter 5. For example, get a 15 win streak, receive a 15 win streak medal/reward.
- There are 12 total stages. Some stages are connected to each other. Not all stages will have a linked stage.
- There will still be infinite stages.
- For breakable stages, there are unique combos/juggles you can perform on those stages only.
- Namco does not intend to do minor patches/tweaks to the game(like VF5 does), instead they plan on launching the game and having it as balanced as possible in November.
- The new Tekken 6 arcade board has faster read/load times than Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.