- You can now upscale the video content of PlayStation format software, PlayStation 2 format software, and DVDs to HD resolution
- You can now copy saved data from PlayStation format software and PlayStation 2 format software to a memory card or a memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation 2).
- You can now display images or play music or video files that are stored on a personal computer or digital video recorder with DLNA Media Server functionality over a network.
- You can now connect a USB printer to print images.
- You can now use remote play over the Internet.
- [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
- [RGB Full Range (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-White (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Bitmapping (Super Audio CD)] has been added as an option under [Music Settings].
- The [Test Camera] option under [Accessory Settings] has been changed to [Camera Device Settings].
- [Printer Settings] has been added.
- [Media Server Connection] has been added as an option under [Network Settings]
- You can now edit CD information.
- A new type of slideshow display pattern has been added.
- You can now use zoom display for images.
- You can now trim images.
- Super-White and x.v.Color output are now supported.
- Downscaled output of Blu-ray Discs is now supported. When 720p is selected as the video output setting of the PS3 system, Blu-ray Discs that were recorded in 1080p or 1080i resolution can be played in 720p resolution.
- You can now move copy-prohibited saved data for PlayStation format software and PlayStation 2 format software to a PS3 system.
- The options menu items under [Download Management] have been changed.
- [Display Photo] has been added to the voice / video chat options menu.